Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tattered and Shabby remnants of Faith

I love the look of old and time worn.  On a recent treasure hunt I found this tattered Blessed Mother Mary statue.  She is made in Japan and is Vintage 1950s.  I just listed her on my vintage shop, "St Gabriels Garden"






I am not sure what caused the discoloration of this piece, but I work hard to actually re-create the aged appearance in my handmade wares.  A charming time worn and much loved piece and a memory of faith from years past.

Below I recreated the shabby charm in white on a cross with the Holy Trinity.  This lovely devotional is also available for purchase on my Vintage shop.  


To purchase or view my other vintage items, just click on St Gabriels Garden on the left hand side of the blog.
Blessings!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment